1. Collection of Data
All of our registration or signup processes requires a valid company name, company contact person, e-mail address and telephone number. Please take note that your details or other submissions that you make on this site may contain other personally identifiable information and, as a result, may appear on this site. Like many web sites, we may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Information about how advertising may be served on this site (if at all) is set forth below.
2. Use of Data.
We may use Data to customise and improve your user experience on this site. We will make efforts so that your Data will not be provided to third parties unless
- we obtain your consent, such as when you choose to opt-in or opt-out to the sharing of Data;
- a service provided on our site requires the interaction with or is provided by a third party, by way of example an Application Service Provider;
- pursuant to legal process or law enforcement;
- we find that your use of this site violates our this Policy, Terms of Service, other usage guidelines or as deemed reasonably necessary by us to protect our legal rights and/or property;
- this site is purchased by a third party whereby that third party will be able to use the Data in the same manner as we can as set forth in this Policy. In the event you choose to use links that appear on our site to visit other web sites, you are advised to read the privacy policies that appear on those sites.
3. Data Protection
The Privacy Act requires IMSM to have procedures in place to cover the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we may hold about you. We have always believed that your privacy should be protected, and we abide with and are bound by the National Privacy Principles in Australia.
IMSM hold and use personal information about you. Typically this includes:
- your name
- date of birth
- telephone numbers
- health information
- skin and hair type.
In addition, IMSM hold information concerning each of your treatments.
Collect Personal Information
IMSM collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Assessing your skin/hair type for parameter setting of various treatments.
- Contacting you for various purposes e.g. confirming appointments, newsletters, overdue accounts etc.
- Recommending to you, or providing you with details of other products and services that you may need. You can notify us at any time if you do not wish to be contacted regarding these products and services. We will act promptly on any such request.
- Statistical and/or research analysis, which is grouped and would not identify you as an individual.
- Fulfilling our legal requirements e.g. disclosure to courts.
Collection of information
The required information is collected from you or your parent/guardian, if you are under age 18. In some circumstances, such as collection of health and other pertinent information, we may collect it directly from a specialist medical practitioner or other health worker chosen by you.
What if personal information is not provided?
IMSM only collect information relevant to our business relationship with you. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to provide any treatment to you.
Will my information be disclosed to others?
IMSM will not share, sell or trade your personal information to any outside party. IMSM use secure sites to ensure that your information is kept safe and confidential.
Only our Directors, employees, contractors and third party suppliers (e.g. computer programmers) who perform work on our behalf will have access to your personal information.
IMSM bind our suppliers with the same standard of care as IMSM do themselves so they cannot provide this information to anyone else.
How long do you keep my personal information?
As a guide, IMSM retain information for seven years after your last dealing with us, however IMSM may retain some information for shorter or longer periods than this, depending upon specific legal requirements and other relevant factors pertinent to the proper and practical management of our clinics.
How do I get access to personal information?
You can request access to personal information by contacting the Privacy Officer.
There are some circumstances in which IMSM are entitled to deny you access to information; for example, you may not obtain access to information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings or where the privacy of others may be breached if the information was accessed or where the law requires or authorises such access to be denied. The Privacy Officer will advise if any of these circumstances apply to you.
The information provided to you is free unless it requires significant research or preparation time. IMSM will advise you in advance if there is a cost for this service.
What to do if you think IMSM have made an error?
IMSM are committed to the protection of your privacy. However, sometimes human errors do occur. If you think that IMSM have not lived up to our commitment, please contact us. Our objective is to respond to any complaint within 7 days, although it may take longer to settle the issue. Where an has been error been made, IMSM will take all reasonable steps to rectify the problem and ensure that it does not happen again.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We may notify you of substantial changes to this Policy either by posting a prominent announcement on our site and/or by sending a message to the e-mail address you have provided to us that is contained within your user settings.
6. NO GUARANTEES.
7. Resolution of privacy concerns
If you are concerned about a possible interference with privacy, you should contact the Privacy Officer. If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, the matter can be referred to the Privacy Commissioner on 1800 023 985. Contact details of Privacy Officer:
Mr Phillip Morgenstern